From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>, forum-mods@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Appeals of Moderation Decisions
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2019 13:05:35
> > Those of you who are long enough with Gentoo might remember the drama around > forum members' political user avatars and other forum members taking > offense at those and demanding their censorship, which (iirc) ultimately > lead to retirement of one or more Gentoo developers. > > I suggest keeping this in mind before restarting the discussion of what is > allowed on the forums and what not.
That was really long ago, and many things in and around the internet have changed in the meantime. (What happened on slashdot back then would probably today only be possible at 4chan, for example.) -- Andreas K. Hüttel dilfridge@g.o Gentoo Linux developer (council, toolchain, base-system, perl, libreoffice)