From: Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: overlays@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Overlays team status
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 10:26:35
1 Michał Górny schrieb:
2 > Hello, everyone.
3 >
4 > As you can see, I am doing most of the Overlays team work recently.
5 > Sadly, I have a very hard time getting responses from other team
6 > members. Which I find very frustrating, considering that I would like
7 > to set/update some policies and documentation.
8 >
9 > Therefore, I would like to ask: does Overlays team have a lead? Do we
10 > need to elect a new lead? Does Overlays team have any active members
11 > that would like to have some influence on the new policies? Or should I
12 > just apply whatever the consensus from generic mailing lists is?
15 So first of all, if you have questions for other overlays projekt
16 members, why do you ask the readers of gentoo-project ML and just cc
17 overlays?
18 Second one: When and where have you asked the overlays team for
20 if you cc overlays, that is in my view no question to the overlays team,
21 but to everyone on that mailing list.
22 Third: No, we dont have an official lead and we have not needed one
23 during the last years, if you have some reasons, why we would need one,
24 please tell us.
25 Last, but not least: Are you kidding me? You are asking me and the other
26 overlays team members, if we want to have "some influence" on policies?
27 Lets keep it short: No, i dont want to have "some influence", i want to
28 decide about them with the other team members.
32 Thomas Sachau
33 Gentoo Linux Developer