From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: Gentoo project list <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Council meeting 2015-04-14: call for agenda items
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2015 00:02:25
1 On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 4:38 PM, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 6:22 PM, Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o> wrote:
3 >> I've wanted for a long time a system that can help reduce the time I
4 >> have to sit in front of a computer waiting for things to finish
5 >> compiling before I can test them. Trawl bugzilla, grab package lists,
6 >> go build binpkgs. Just let me grab binpkgs and actually test the
7 >> software...
8 >
9 > I approve, and I'm sure the rest of the Council will too. When will
10 > you have it ready?
11
12 I don't think it's some pie-in-the-sky fantasy that you can quip "when
13 will you have it ready?" about.
14
15 Isn't, in fact, this something like what Zorry is working on? He
16 mentioned in 10 days ago in "[gentoo-dev] Cluster tinderbox poc"
17
18 I'm lamenting the fact that ~30 emails in no one has even appeared to
19 wonder out loud if there's actually a technical solution to the
20 problem. Instead we're debating the merits of unkeywording whole
21 subtrees.