From: Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o>
To: "gentoo-project@l.g.o" <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] call for agenda items -- council meeting 2021-05-09
Date: Mon, 03 May 2021 15:31:12
1 On 2021-05-03 17:04, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
2 > Please don't go the "we are not responsible for anything" route,
3 > that's the fastest way to obstruct any productivity.
4
5 Well, I don't know what we will discuss and what will be the outcome.
6 But imagine we would all agree and send a request to foundation to stop
7 spending AWS credits for X immediately.
8
9 Foundation has to reject this request by law because such a request must
10 come from a natural person.
11
12 So maybe you will re-send this request as dilfridge (like you are listed
13 as foundation member). ulm, williamh, mattst88 will support that.
14 gyakovlev, slyfox and me cannot because we aren't foundation members.
15
16 But this will be a normal request. You cannot use any kind of "council
17 power" even if all council members, who are representing the Gentoo
18 developer community, voted for this during meeting. I.e. this has to
19 follow foundation procedural which isn't aware of a construct like
20 "council". It has no meaning for foundation according to their charter.
21
22 My point is: I don't understand why you try to bring this to council
23 where we can do absolute nothing about it when you as foundation member
24 could (and should) bring this up in foundation where you can change it.
28 Regards,
29 Thomas Deutschmann / Gentoo Linux Developer
30 fpr: C4DD 695F A713 8F24 2AA1 5638 5849 7EE5 1D5D 74A5

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature