From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council meeting: Tuesday 3 April 2012, 19:00 UTC
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 21:02:26
1 On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 11:13:34PM +0100, Roy Bamford wrote:
2 > I really don't want any autoblackmagic involved in the booting of my
3 > systems. If I don't understand it I can't fix it when (not if) it
4 > breaks.
5 >
6 > I have separate /usr everywhere and most places raid and lvm, so I
7 > already have initrds most places. I will reluctantly move to an initrd
8 > everywhere - but only if I can roll it by hand, so I can fix it by hand
9 > too.
10
11 You could; there would be nothing stopping you from rolling your own
12 initramfs.
13
14 William