From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Call For Agenda Items - 10 Jun 2014
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2014 16:43:12
1 On Thu, 05 Jun 2014 12:06:35 -0400
2 Richard Yao <ryao@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 05/29/2014 03:03 PM, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
5 > > Am Montag, 26. Mai 2014, 14:13:32 schrieb Rich Freeman:
6 > >> The next Gentoo Council meeting will be on 10 Jun 2014, at 19:00
7 > >> UTC.
8 > >>
9 > >> Please reply to this email with any proposed agenda items.
10 > >>
11 > >
12 > > Let's decide that the maximum number of EAPIs allowed in the
13 > > portage tree at any time must not exceed 7.
14 > >
15 > > 7, since then EAPI=6 can still go ahead as planned.
16 > >
17 > > Any new plans afterwards can only proceed if EAPI=1 is finally gone
18 > > (achievable), and for more improvements the bar gets a bit higher
19 > > afterwards.
20 > >
21 > > Thanks to Johu for the inspiration.
24 > I think we should define a minimum amount of time before new EAPIs may
25 > be introduced to the portage tree. 2 years seems reasonable.
28 That likely won't work. Plus I believe it is already set at a minimum
29 of 1 year, with the possibility for exceptions to be approved by
30 council. But if the ideas and patches to implement them are not done,
31 it could be many years before final approval.
34 Brian Dolbec <dolsen>