From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items -- Council meeting 09-10-2012
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2012 09:02:49
1 El vie, 05-10-2012 a las 08:28 +0200, Fabian Groffen escribió:
2 > On 04-10-2012 20:32:41 +0200, Pacho Ramos wrote:
3 > > > And what about current usage in the tree with current eapis? Regarding
4 > > > IUSE_FLATTENED I have no problem with it, but will need to talk with
5 > > > portage team also as they have the current implementation
6 > >
7 > > And then, I think council should clarify what to do with current usages
8 > > in the tree with eapi0-4
9 >
10 > Why should the Council clarify that?
13 Who should be then? This has been already talked in gentoo-dev and we
14 still don't know what to do with current ebuild/eclasses already relying
15 on them, and reverting them to some other solution would later need us
16 to re-migrate them to current one when it's specified in next EAPI. This
17 is all explained in original message I send, the problem is that there
18 is a total lack of knowledge about how to proceed and what to do and,
19 then, I think that Council should decide it.
20
21 > (Not that we're unwilling, but I don't see why Council should be the
22 > initiator here.)