From: Rich Freeman <rich@××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] With regard to udev stabilization
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 06:02:06
1 On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 9:40 PM, Richard Yao <ryao@g.o> wrote:
2 > I understand that the council is scheduled to vote on a topic related to
3 > udev stabilization. Would it be possible to delay the vote for another
4 > month so that we have time to get organized?
5
6 Seems counterproductive. Most likely a reasonably long period of time
7 would be set aside before a new udev is stabilized. If an alternative
8 emerges in the meantime, then those who want to use it can do so, and
9 be spared the need to use initramfs for separate /usr, or whatever.
10
11 Gentoo is about choice, and as long as a dev is willing to maintain a
12 fork there is no reason not to support it.
13
14 However, the udev team has been on hold for quite a while over this
15 issue already.
16
17 That said, competition is good for everybody. Best of luck with it!
18
19 Just my own two cents...
20
21 Rich