From: Patrick Lauer <bugs@××××××××××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Re: [gentoo-dev] Special meeting [WAS: Council meeting summary for 8 May 2008] (fwd)
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 07:46:31
1 On Monday 19 May 2008 18:50:24 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Mon, 19 May 2008 19:25:14 +0100
3 >
4 > Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
5 > > No one here is arguing that we have a slacking Council, similar to
6 > > the "bad old days", are they?
7 >
8 > A Council that conveniently fails to turn up when discussing things
9 > that either don't interest them or that might make them look bad?
10 Looks like one person had an unexpectedly long travel, one person had
11 connection issues and one person was never notified over a reliable channel.
12
13 So that looks to me like Mr. Murphy showing what he can do ...
14 Shit happens, now let's make manure out of it so the plants can grow better
15 next season.
16
17 I'd say that
18 (1) the meeting was not agreed on nor announced on the regular channels
19 (2) a re-election would only confuse things and re-elect the same people
20 (3) the people involved have shown that they try their best to improve things.
21 Trying to kick them at the first sign of human error would not send a good
22 signal
23
24 My suggestion thus would be, if people insist, to have a vote of no
25 confidence. If people really can't live with this small oops then so be it,
26 otherwise it'll show that while there has been an oops it's not the end of
27 the world.
28
29 > A
30 > Council holding secret meetings and conspiring with the devrel lead
31 > behind the rest of devrel's backs? A Council that simultaneously says
32 > "yes, we were behind musikc's actions" and "no, it was solely musikc's
33 > decision"? That's a lot like the old days.
34 A person not working on gentoo writing 35%+ of all emails on some
35 mailinglists? Random insults and starting pointless flamewars?
36
37 Looks like the old day. I'm still waiting for the day when you leave
38 University and don't have that much time to troll others.
39
40 Anyways, this is a debianistic discussion, only discussing things so that
41 things will be discussed. I hope people don't waste too much time on politics
42 and focus on improving things instead of dissing others and stroking their
43 p... ego.
44 --
45 gentoo-project@l.g.o mailing list