From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] call for agenda items -- council meeting 2021-05-09
Date: Mon, 03 May 2021 09:16:03
1 >>>>> On Mon, 03 May 2021, Michał Górny wrote:
2
3 > On Sun, 2021-05-02 at 22:22 -0500, William Hubbs wrote:
4 >> The way I see it is, if the council wants funding for something they
5 >> can request it from the foundation, but I don't think they can direct
6 >> the foundation not to fund something someone else requests.
7 >>
8 >> Also, given Antarus' response in the thread, I'm not sure there is
9 >> anything for council to discuss.
10
11 > Does 'being not sure' authorize you to arbitrarily decide to skip
12 > agenda items from the community?
13
14 I don't read William's reponse in such a way. The Council can still
15 discuss the issue, and the Foundation may or may not listen.
16
17 Ultimately it is up to them how they want to spend their money.
18 I believe that part is clear.
19
20 Ulrich