From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>, gentoo-project@l.g.o, Gentoo Council <council@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2015-10-11
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 20:05:37
1 >>>>> On Wed, 30 Sep 2015, Michał Górny wrote:
2
3 >> We would need a "shortname" or "id" field in the project page
4 >> template, e.g. "Quality Assurance" -> "qa" (but I guess most would
5 >> be trivial, like "Emacs" -> "emacs"). I've already discussed this
6 >> with a3li some time ago, and there should be no technical problems.
7
8 > And what's the technical problem of using e-mail address instead
9 > which is already there and is a valid global identifier? Why do we
10 > have to duplicate more information when we can use something we need
11 > there anyway?
12
13 Because the mapping from projects to e-mail addresses is neither
14 injective nor surjective.
15
16 Ulrich