From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2014-03-11
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 11:16:15
1 On 02/27/2014 09:08 PM, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
2 > Hi everyone,
3 >
4 > I'm putting the call out there for any agenda items for the next Council
5 > meeting, which will be held on March 11, 2014 at 1900 UTC. This is
6 > short notice but we got off track because of FOSDEM and we're going to
7 > try to get back on track.
8 >
9 > So far, the only item is final ratification of glep 63 [1].
10
11 Apparently this one went under the radar, resending:
14 > Please respond to this message with agenda items. Do not hesitate to >
15 repeat your agenda item here with a pointer if you previously
16 > suggested one (since the last meeting).
17
18 Here's one thing that's low priority and still controversial:
19
20 (Since no one wants the QA team to actually *do* anything ... sigh)
23 Make all cosmetic repoman warnings fatal
24
25 Rationale: Either we care about things like whitespace and quoting, or
26 we don't.
27
28 If we care then we shouldn't allow anyone to commit a bad ebuild
29
30 If we don't care then repoman shouldn't annoy us with useless whining
31 that doesn't matter anyway
34 The affected repoman checks should be at least (but possibly not limited
35 to):
36
37 * unused local useflag descriptions in metadata.xml
38 * Whitespace, both at the beginning and the end of the line
39 (this will need an improved repoman check to make sense
40 as it currently has a few false positive matches)
41 * variable quoting (may have false positives too)
44 Thanks,
45
46 Patrick