From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2015-10-11
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2015 11:56:47
1 On 10/9/15 7:23 AM, hasufell wrote:
2 > On 10/09/2015 01:17 PM, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
3 >> On 10/9/15 6:58 AM, hasufell wrote:
4 >>> On 10/09/2015 12:50 PM, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
5 >>>> Once that happens, we have important history on infrastructure
6 >>>> outside of our control.
7 >>>
8 >>> Are you suggesting that we move away from IRC now, because not all
9 >>> important discussions start on our mailing lists?
10 >>>
11 >> I just reread this and have another clarification. Its not whether
12 >> important discussion happens on IRC or on github or wherever, it whether
13 >> we keep that stuff ourselves on our own infrastructure. So for example,
14 >> council business is done via IRC but we post the logs on our wiki along
15 >> with a summary. In hardened, we do the same but email the logs out and
16 >> a summary so it gets into our email archives. If we could do the same
17 >> with github business, we would resolve the "dependency" issue.
18 >>
19 > That's pretty trivial to do on a case-by-case basis and can be left to
20 > the involved parties.
21 >
22 > If you want to automate that on global scale (I don't see why, though),
23 > the gentoo-bot[0] could probably forward all incoming github
24 > notifications to a dedicated ML.
27 > [0] https://github.com/gentoo-bot
28 >
29 Well let's think about this. If github went away, or we needed to part
30 ways with github, what we would we want to keep from their site? An
31 example is all the discussion on "The Crystal Programming Language" pull
32 #105. That discussion should have happened on our bugzilla so we have
33 that history on our own infra. Can we get the gentoo-bot to organize
34 email notifications in such a way that we can easily search and read
35 histories by issues and/or pull requests?
38 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
39 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
40 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
41 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
42 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA