From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: Gentoo project list <gentoo-project@l.g.o>, gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] New developer: Andreas Schürch (nativemad)
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 17:55:12
One more arch monkey to dance for the ebuild maintainers and users we
have Andreas "nativemad" Schürch from Reiden, Switzerland. I'll just let
him speak for himself:

I've got a c64 when I was around 6 years old and wasn't able to quit
this addiction so far. ;-) Since around 10 years, I'm working as a
sysadmin for quite a large company within the swiss IT-team (~400 users
nationwide and +70'000 globally within a single ADS). I'm responsible
for our linux-stuff and some windows also (citrix, mssql, lotus notes
and so on). I run a private serverfarm (everything runs on kvm, so it's
probably a cloud nowadays;-) and host my and a few friends projects
there. This is mostly just for fun with the execption of a few
customers. It's called nativenet, that's also where my nick-prefix comes
from, as my friends just call me mad. I use gentoo exclusively for about
7 years now. I used SuSE before, but never really got satisfied...

I like snow-, skate-, and wakeboarding, whenever the weather and my
health allows it. You know, computer people are quite fragile! ;-)
With a bunch of friends, I've rented a house (probably the oldest in the
village) where we meet us quite frequently to play games and have fun
together (actually, the others are often playing games
while I do some linux stuff, if we are not occupied with drinking beer
together! ;-)

Don't wear your new toy out too quickly,