From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: ulm@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Call For Agenda Items - 13 May 2014
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 20:26:12
1 On Sun, 11 May 2014 21:30:20 +0200
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Really, an e-mail to -core from 2007 is a great reference for a
5 > policy. ;-)
6
7 It keeps older developers always one step ahead of the youngsters. :-D
8
9 > So, could this sentence be added to some document where it can
10 > actually be found? I'd suggest the devmanual:
11 > http://devmanual.gentoo.org/ebuild-writing/ebuild-maintenance/index.html#stabilization-rules
12
13 This makes me question how much other such policies float around;
14 especially given what was discussed at our last QA meeting regarding
15 policies being spread out on the Gentoo Wiki, and other places.
16
17 For this specific policy, I plan to write up a patch tomorrow for the
18 devmanual, such that we don't repeat history; as discussed, we need to
19 look at the other policies someday, especially the QA related ones.
22 With kind regards,
23
24 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
25 Gentoo Developer
26
27 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
28 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
29 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D