From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] pre-GLEP: Gentoo OpenPGP web of trust
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2019 00:48:54
On 2/1/19 1:09 AM, Rich Freeman wrote:
> 1. The person has an ID with a matching ID (issued by that theocracy > that murders its citizens).
Whether the government murders its citizens or not isn't really relevant for the discussions. We're not talking a political matter here, but whether the identity can be confirmed. So as long as the RFID in the passport can be read by a scanner and the information is good, it isn't necessarily important whether that is from an oppressive regime. But this is really getting close to an argumentum ad absurdium scenario. -- Kristian Fiskerstrand OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3