From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o, gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: Agenda for combined council/trustee meeting
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 01:03:59
1 The Council and Foundation have generally operated totally
2 independantly. This has caused problems where we don't know what
3 eachother were doing or leading to us making assumptions about eachother.
4
5 For these reasons we've decided to arrange a joint meeting to go over
6 issues that concern both groups. The following is the agenda for the
7 meeting. The meeting itself will not be public but the agenda and
8 summary will be made available to the gentoo-project and gentoo-nfp
9 lists. We (the council and trustees) have not decided if that
10 restriction will continue.
11
12 Agenda:
13 Council:
14 - Copyright Policy
15 - https://bugs.gentoo.org/642072
16 - https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:Aliceinwire/CopyrightPolicy
17 - Financial status of the foundation
18 - irs status
19 - Purpose of the Foundation Council split
20 - Why we're preventing each from serving on in the other
21 - Legal protection for the foundation
22 - D&O quote
23 - Criteria for accepting members to the foundation
24 - Funding for travel and meetups
25
26 Foundation:
27 - CoC enforcement
28 - Current enforecemnt (or lack thereof) exposes us to possible harrassment
29 claims.
30 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib7tFvw34DM (about 20 minutes in)
31 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZSli7QW4rg
32 - Comrel
33 - Same issues as with CoC enforcement, lack of enforcement exposes
34 us to possible harrassment claims.
35 - Who oversees it and how often are reviews of comrel decisions done?
36 - Appointment only from within comrel to comrel member has self
37 reenforcement attributes that could be counterproductive.
40 Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)