From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o, gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: Agenda for combined council/trustee meeting
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 01:03:59
The Council and Foundation have generally operated totally
independantly.  This has caused problems where we don't know what
eachother were doing or leading to us making assumptions about eachother.

For these reasons we've decided to arrange a joint meeting to go over
issues that concern both groups.  The following is the agenda for the
meeting.  The meeting itself will not be public but the agenda and
summary will be made available to the gentoo-project and gentoo-nfp
lists.  We (the council and trustees) have not decided if that
restriction will continue.

Agenda:
  Council:
    - Copyright Policy
      - https://bugs.gentoo.org/642072
      - https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:Aliceinwire/CopyrightPolicy
    - Financial status of the foundation
      - irs status
    - Purpose of the Foundation Council split
      - Why we're preventing each from serving on in the other
    - Legal protection for the foundation
      - D&O quote
    - Criteria for accepting members to the foundation
    - Funding for travel and meetups

Foundation:
  - CoC enforcement
    - Current enforecemnt (or lack thereof) exposes us to possible harrassment
      claims.
      - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib7tFvw34DM (about 20 minutes in)
      - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZSli7QW4rg
  - Comrel
    - Same issues as with CoC enforcement, lack of enforcement exposes
      us to possible harrassment claims.
    - Who oversees it and how often are reviews of comrel decisions done?
    - Appointment only from within comrel to comrel member has self
      reenforcement attributes that could be counterproductive.

--
Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)