From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o, forum-mods@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Appeals of Moderation Decisions
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2019 01:38:54
1 Kristian Fiskerstrand schrieb:
2
3 >>>>> And parts of forums should rather go away sooner than later, given how
4 >>>>> even
5 >>>>> moderators take part in highly questionable threads. That mess also
6 >>>>> reflects on Gentoo as a whole.
7 >>>>
8 >>>> To be more concrete here if we want to put it on the agenda, we're
9 >>>> talking about OTW only, or are there other categories etc that are
10 >>>> non-gentoo-related on official communication channels?
11 >>>
12 >>> My main point is that OTW needs to be nuked from orbit.
13 >>
14 >> That seems to be a good place to start in any case
17 > What are the forum-mods thoughts (as a team) on the matter of non-gentoo
18 > related, and seemingly inappropriate, discussion happening in the forums?
19
20 Those of you who are long enough with Gentoo might remember the drama around
21 forum members' political user avatars and other forum members taking offense
22 at those and demanding their censorship, which (iirc) ultimately lead to
23 retirement of one or more Gentoo developers.
24
25 I suggest keeping this in mind before restarting the discussion of what is
26 allowed on the forums and what not.
27
28 On the topic of "reflects on Gentoo as a whole", is there actual evidence of
29 someone making negative remarks about Gentoo as a whole, pointing to an OTW
30 threat for the argument?
31
32 A compromise / an alternative to removing OTW (if deemed a bad thing) would
33 be to limit its public reach by allowing only registered forum users to
34 access it.
37 Best regards,
38 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn