From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o, forum-mods@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Appeals of Moderation Decisions
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2019 01:38:54
Kristian Fiskerstrand schrieb:

> [...]
Those of you who are long enough with Gentoo might remember the drama around forum members' political user avatars and other forum members taking offense at those and demanding their censorship, which (iirc) ultimately lead to retirement of one or more Gentoo developers. I suggest keeping this in mind before restarting the discussion of what is allowed on the forums and what not. On the topic of "reflects on Gentoo as a whole", is there actual evidence of someone making negative remarks about Gentoo as a whole, pointing to an OTW threat for the argument? A compromise / an alternative to removing OTW (if deemed a bad thing) would be to limit its public reach by allowing only registered forum users to access it. Best regards, Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn