From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o, Gentoo Developer Relations <devrel@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev] Temporary DevRel actions for CoC violations
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 12:46:32
1 On 20.6.2013 6.53, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
2 > Does this mean the QA lead finally gets to suspend people who are
3 > patently not suited for developing a stable distribution without asking
4 > devrel? Because last time we got into the same judge, jury, and
5 > executioner argument, which I guess was just sent for the gallows (pun
6 > intended).
9 GLEP 48 as it currently stands on [1] delegates suspensions to devrel.
10
11 > Mind, it's not like I disagree with at least one of the actions that you
12 > took recently, but given your surge approach I would like to point out
13 > that is not your task judging code quality, and yes that does make me
14 > uncomfortable, that you want to pick up the full power at once, and not
15 > collaborate with whom should have been involved in the process.
19 I agree with you that it's not Devrel's job to be in the code quality
20 business (which I have also pointed internally).
21
22 Regards,
23 Petteri
24
25 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/glep/glep-0048.html
28 A. Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
29 Q. Why is top posting bad?