From: Matthew Summers <quantumsummers@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo now has a Github "organization"
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 00:02:45
1 On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 3:35 PM, Matthew Summers
2 <quantumsummers@g.o> wrote:
3 > So, to summarize so far:
4 >
5 > 1. Mirroring overlays seems like it is a good idea or at least ok.
6 >
7 > 2. The portage tree is not ready to be mirrored and attempting a git
8 > workflow will be painful at the moment. It's assumed, however, that
9 > once portage is git-managed these troubles will disappear.
10 >
11 > What else folks?
12 >
13 > What about mirroring the docs repo? I think its git-managed now or
14 > will be soon. What other repos would benefit from this?
15 >
16 > --
17 > Matthew W. Summers
18 > Gentoo Foundation Inc.
19
20 Just to add to this, we have some gentoo.github.com to link interested
21 parties to gentoo.org et. at.
22
23 Please feel free to give ideas for this
24 https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo.github.com viewable at
25 http://gentoo.github.com
26
27 What should we do here, anything? For simplicity I just used what I
28 did for http://get.gentoo.org
29 --
30 Matthew W. Summers
31 Gentoo Foundation Inc.