From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] call for agenda items -- council meeting 2021-05-09
Date: Mon, 03 May 2021 03:22:18
1 On Sun, May 02, 2021 at 09:07:11PM +0200, Thomas Deutschmann wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > On 2021-05-01 17:14, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
5 > > There's rumors going around that Agostino's tinderbox basically
6 > > already burned through our entire 2021 AWS Open Source credit budget
7 > > and has overdrawn it significantly.
8 > >
9 > > Independent of whether this rumor is true or not, I would like to
10 > > discuss
11 > > * how we can avoid such a situation in the future,
12 > > * and how we can fairly handle the distribution of limited infra
13 > > resources that may end up costing us money
14 >
15 > Is this really a topic for council?
16 >
17 > Isn't foundation an independent body and if someone requests funding
18 > from foundation and will get it approved...
19 >
20 > Or in other words: Can council veto against funding requests the
21 > foundation received and wants to approve?
22
23 The way I see it is, if the council wants funding for something they
24 can request it from the foundation, but I don't think they can direct
25 the foundation not to fund something someone else requests.
26
27 Also, given Antarus' response in the thread, I'm not sure there is
28 anything for council to discuss.
29
30 Thanks,
31