From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: Old copyright assignments
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 10:13:56
1 >>>>> On Thu, 19 Apr 2018, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2
3 > Reportedly, in the past at least some Gentoo developers signed
4 > copyright assignment forms [2] to Gentoo Technologies, Inc., and
5 > possibly later to the Gentoo Foundation. Bug 140286 [3] suggests
6 > that this no longer took place since around 2005.
7
8 > Now my question to you is if (and when) you have signed such a
9 > copyright assignment form? Please reply to me personally; I'll post
10 > a summary to the gentoo-project list later.
11
12 So far, I have received 7 replies, and I don't expect many more to
13 come in (but please still reply, especially if you *have* signed the
14 form). Here comes a summary:
15
16 One former developer said that he had signed the copyright assignment
17 form for GTI; he joined in June 2004. (We also have the actual form.)
18
19 Six others said that they haven't signed anything; all of them joined
20 after September 2006. I conclude from the replies that recruiters
21 have no longer asked for signing of the form then.
22
23 Ulrich
24
25 > [2] https://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo/xml/htdocs/proj/en/devrel/copyright/assignment.pdf?revision=1.1