From: Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Council 2020 / 2021 Election - Questions for Candidates
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 14:06:13
1 Hi Mikle,
2
3 first of all, no need to defend. I think it's very good to have
4 diversity. And it's perfectly fine if one candidate wants to be more
5 active (in which case I would like to ask him or her why he or she
6 wasn't active before like you don't have to be member of the council to
7 bring yourself into Gentoo and mgorny is a perfect *positive* example
8 how you would do that) and another believe he/she should be more passive.
11 > Most of the ideas / decisions that affect the *daily* developers life is
12 > sourced from comrel or qa teams after community collaboration.
13 >  Surely, council is still voting for things like gleps or the general
14 > tree licensing,
15 > but I do not see the most of them involved in the creation or changes
16 > process.
17
18 That's a good example I think. *I* don't believe that council members
19 have to actually write GLEPs just because they are part of the council.
20 If you have an idea I think it's normal that you will start working on
21 this and start writing the proposal. Sure, you will probably allow
22 others to join and help you. But expecting that you just post the idea
23 to the mailing list and that others, especially the council, should pick
24 this up and discuss *your* idea *for* you and do all the rest is not the
25 way I see council's role.
29 Regards,
30 Thomas Deutschmann / Gentoo Linux Developer
31 C4DD 695F A713 8F24 2AA1 5638 5849 7EE5 1D5D 74A5