From: Alice <alicef@g.o>
To: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>, gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>, gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>, Gentoo Elections <elections@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: Gentoo Foundation: A second election
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 05:26:24
1 On 8/23/21 12:11 PM, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > I nominate alicef
5 Thanks Antaurs,
6 I accept my nomination.
7
8 By way of a manifesto:
9
10 Since joining the board, I've taken on the executive tasks of tracking
11 motions and more recently managing email and motions for adding new members.
12 https://gitweb.gentoo.org/sites/projects/foundation.git/tree/motions
13 I also helped out with managing bugs and updating eventual outcomes.
14 Some of my work to-do list is archived here:
15 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:Alicef#Monthly_Reports ( some data is
16 lost as keeping better documentation is something that I need to improve )
17
18 In the past years, as a trustee:
19 - I organized and managed the LF engagement.
20 I organized the video call with the LF and keep contacts with LF
21 engaging by email with questions and summarizing LF answers on
22 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Foundation:FoundationFutureState#Status:_Linux_Foundation
23 - I helped in 2017 engage with Software in the Public Interest (SPI) of
24 what I made a small report in 2017
25 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:Alicef/SPIreport for the trustees
26 meeting and wrote the recent update about SPI moving ledger to beancount.
27 I also became a SPI Contrib Member ( leveraging my old involvement
28 with debian ) for helping out eventual move of the GF to the SPI
29 - I also been able to remove Gentoo from Freenode Acknowledgements list
30 after many emails and issue.
31
32 My tasks will be to continue my work with the motions and members
33 management,
34 but my top priority will be to move forward the Linux Foundation as an
35 umbrella.
36
37 ----
38 P.S. This email is not digital signed because of a bug with the mailing
39 list visualization and probably Thunderbird. But I can digital sign this
40 email by request.
43 Thanks,
44 Alicef