From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council meeting 2021-07-11 - call for agenda items
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2021 09:28:05
1 >>>>> On Wed, 07 Jul 2021, Robin H Johnson wrote:
2
3 > TL;DR:
4 > Please change the format of metadata/AUTHORS to yaml-based list of "key:
5 > [value,...]" where key is the identity of a Gentoo developer, and the
6 > list is copyright holders that the developer has worked for.
7
8 Have you run this by the Sony people? The current AUTHORS file is a
9 compromise resulting from long discussions, so I'd rather have any
10 potential issues resolved before the Council votes on any change.
11
12 > I think the suggested format should become YAML-based for ease of
13 > validation and parsing. I don't have opinions on the format within the
14 > data. Should it be alphabetical or cronological? Should explicit date
15 > ranges be possible?
16
17 Using the Gentoo uid as the key would imply that contributors other than
18 developers cannot be listed in the file. Is this a valid assumption?
19
20 Ulrich