From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Representation of Gentoo on third-party platforms
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 14:44:35
1 On Sunday, November 13, 2016 10:33:45 AM EST M. J. Everitt wrote:
2 >
3 > I think there is a poor culture in Gentoo
4
5 That is the statement right there. Others simply are lost in the forest unable
6 to see the trees...
7
8 Gentoo's Culture and Community has heavily declined over the years. It is a
9 VERY unfriendly, non TEAM, atmosphere. I do not see it as welcoming by any
10 means.
11
12 Anything to change the status quo is heavily resisted. Gentoo is not the same
13 Gentoo it was, and neither is its culture. Things are far worse than they have
14 ever been. The CoC has done nothing but make a huge mess. Just as have others
15 have by playing out their ideas of what Gentoo is supposed to be, Foundation,
16 Council, etc. Its created a tremendous mess, and has not helped Gentoo.
19 William L. Thomson Jr.