From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 05:08:08
1 On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 12:57:07 +1200
2 Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 20:22:26 -0400
5 > "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote:
6 >
7 > > It is sad when people cannot use means like Comrel or violations of
8 > > CoC to control things as they see fit. Then they seek other means to
9 > > limit, control, and filter people. That is hardly an open society,
10 > > much less accepting or tolerant.
11 >
12 > The best thing about a rate limit mechanism, is instead of having to
13 > single out and blacklist various egregious users who are an evident
14 > problem, and having to defend accusations of bias ....
15
16 There are a variety of problems with such. If you spend enough time
17 administrating mail servers, dealing with spam, etc. Some of the
18 comments show a lack of understanding or experience in this area. Its a
19 foolish approach. A waste of anyone's time to implement. I do not think
20 infra has loads of staff to be dealing with such...
21
22 Maybe try using sugar, friendliness, getting to know people and things
23 along those lines. Or just letting things be as is, and let nature
24 take its course. Things die off on their own, ebbs and flows.
28 William L. Thomson Jr.