From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o, "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
Cc: David Abbott <dabbott@g.o>, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>, Gentoo Trustees <trustees@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Meeting agenda - Council meeting 2018-04-08
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2018 15:29:19
1 W dniu sob, 07.04.2018 o godzinie 08∶39 +0200, użytkownik Michał Górny
2 napisał:
3 > W dniu pią, 06.04.2018 o godzinie 17∶27 -0500, użytkownik Matthew Thode
4 > napisał:
5 > > On 18-04-07 00:16:20, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
6 > > > Am Freitag, 6. April 2018, 21:46:31 CEST schrieb David Abbott:
7 > > >
8 > > > > >
9 > > > > > If nothing else this might also be a way to reduce the workload on the
10 > > > > > Foundation so that they can focus more on getting the paperwork caught
11 > > > > > up vs actually having to pay for infra.
12 > > > >
13 > > > > So the funding is coming from the council? What will SPI use to pay infra
14 > > > > with?
15 > > >
16 > > > Funding is coming from the same sources as where it comes from now. Given that
17 > > > the new association starts from zero, it will in the beginning not have much
18 > > > money.
19 > > >
20 > > > Just see it as having a second bank account, or having a second payment
21 > > > provider in parallel.
22 > >
23 > > I'm not sure what it'd get us, we've had and have multple accounts
24 > > already.
27 > Let me put it bluntly like this: all of our current resources are
28 > endangered by incompetence of Trustees since the forming
29 > of the Foundation. You can trivialize the problem this as much as
30 > you need to but this is the fact until we have a really good
31 > confirmation that the paperwork is clean.
34 I would like to apologize for this harmful generalization. Not all
35 Trustees in the history of Foundation were incompetent. In particular,
36 it is worth noting that Robin H. Johnson has put a significant effort
37 in improving the tax situation, and Daniel Campbell had his contribution
38 too.
41 Best regards,
42 Michał Górny