From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Looking for ways the Foundation can accomplish its mission.
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2018 01:01:45
1 On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 8:32 PM Richard Yao <ryao@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > > On Sep 6, 2018, at 9:07 AM, Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > >
5 > >> - Host a bug-bounty program.
6 > This would need to be restricted to critical bugs. Otherwise, it would drain the foundation treasury very quickly.
7
8 ++
9
10 > We also would need to restrict this to non-developers, again to avoid draining the treasury.
11
12 Uh, how does it drain the treasury less if we pay the same amount of
13 money to a non-dev vs a dev? Wouldn't that actually discourage
14 regular contributors from becoming devs, and potentially drive us to
15 have to pay for more bounties since less stuff is getting fixed for
16 free?
17
18 Bounties would have to be limited to what we really need and can
19 afford, but once you've gotten that far then there is really no reason
20 to restrict who can apply for them. The goal is to fix the bug,
21 right?
24 Rich