From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2021-08-08
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 14:40:06
1 > In two weeks from now, the Council will meet again. This is the time
2 > to raise and prepare items that the Council should put on the agenda
3 > to discuss or vote on.
4
5 Last month, we haven't come to a conclusion about changing our procedure
6 for banning EAPIs, and it doesn't look like we'll have anything ready
7 for the next meeting. Also EAPI 5 is deprecated since more than 3 years,
8 so its ban is overdue. (Longest time between deprecation and ban so far
9 was 2.5 years for EAPI 4.)
10
11 Therefore, let's go with the old procedure for now and vote on banning
12 EAPI 5 for new ebuilds in the Gentoo repository.
13
14 Ulrich