From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2014-08-12
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 14:59:36
1 On 31/07/14 17:40, Michael Palimaka wrote:
2 > On 07/29/2014 07:18 PM, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
3 >> In two weeks from now, the council will meet again. This is the time
4 >> to raise and prepare items that the council should put on the agenda
5 >> to discuss or vote on.
6 >>
7 >> Please respond to this message with agenda items. Do not hesitate to
8 >> repeat your agenda item here with a pointer if you previously
9 >> suggested one (since the last meeting).
10 >>
11 >> The agenda for the next meeting will be sent out on Tuesday 2014-08-05.
12 >>
13 >> Please reply to the gentoo-project list.
14 >>
15 >> Ulrich
16 >>
17 > I am disappointed that the Portage team declined to bring the issue of
18 > disabling dynamic dependencies to the Council's attention themselves.
19 > Thus, I must request the Council to consider the Portage team's recent
20 > decision[1] in this matter.
21
22 +1
23
24 It seems like the Portage team is ignoring multiple developers
25 who have said they either rely upon dynamic deps, or have otherwise
26 raised conserns about the feature removal without replacement in
27 place.
28 The last hope seems to be that the council stops them for deleting
29 the working code (with some races, races we can live with)