From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>, gentoo-project@l.g.o, council@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council meeting: Tuesday 8th May 2012, 19:00 UTC
Date: Sat, 05 May 2012 06:03:12
1 Mike and Council members,
2
3 It looks like we have two easily supported options now.
4
5 1) the initramfs option, and
6 2) the sep-usr option using busybox.
7
8 What I can do when new udev goes stable is put a warning in the udev
9 ebuild and maybe a news item that explains that, if you have /usr on a
10 separate partition, you must either:
11
12 1) follow the initramfs guide and start using an initramfs or
13 2) emerge busybox with the sep-usr use flag on and follow the
14 instructions you receive.
15
16 My personal opinion is that we should not mandate one option over the
17 other, and this is now the only question I feel needs to be clarified.
18
19 Thanks for your time,
20
21 William