From: Jason Zaman <perfinion@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Council Manifesto 2016
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 18:31:05
1 Gentoo Council Manifesto 2016
2 Jason Zaman (perfinion)
3 =============================
4
5 I'm Swedish and live in Singapore. I've been using Gentoo since the 1.4 days
6 and have been a Gentoo developer for a couple years now. Initially I started
7 on the SELinux, Integrity, and Hardened projects. I'm now also a part of the
8 Xfce and Proxy-Maintainers projects.
9
10 I really like Gentoo's flexibility and community. We have a lot of talented
11 developers but growing our ranks is still important. The migration to git
12 helped a lot with getting more users involved which is great. I am very much
13 in favour of ways where people can contribute to the community in the capacity
14 they want. This does not necessarily mean they have to become a full dev.
15
16 Like the others, I care about the stable tree and how smooth updates go.
17 All my machines are on stable and overall its good but we can still do
18 better testing all the combinations and profiles.
19
20 Ideally, things should just work and the council would not be needed. When
21 things undoubtedly do come to councils attention, I will try to examine things
22 fairly and do what is best for the distro as a whole.
23
24 Best Regards,
25 Jason