From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Evidence of idella4's damage to Gentoo, please
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2016 05:37:10
1 On Thursday, December 1, 2016 11:03:04 PM EST Rich Freeman wrote:
2 >
3 > This is like saying that if you don't believe in releasing security
4 > vulnerabilities before a timely patch is released that you don't
5 > support open source.
6
7 I have repeatedly said security is one exception.
8
9 > I'm not aware of any
10 > Council members or Trustees who disagree on this, actually, and I've
11 > talked in private with most. Certainly none have publicly posted
12 > anything contrary in these threads.
13
14 I am a former Trustee. I know that means nothing. Part of why I stepped down
15 was I was constantly harassed. What I mean by such is I was constantly
16 contacted in private regarding foundation matters. I did not feel comfortable
17 discussing any of that in private. I felt it all should be in public.
18
19 I guess I failed to add stuff like this to the By Laws during the review long
20 ago. To ensure Gentoo would always be open, its processes, data, etc.
21
22 > I really don't want to have a running debate on whether person A has
23 > done something bad in the past. I want to see person A refrain from
24 > doing bad things in the future, and we can all go back to the reason
25 > we all came here in the first place, and make improvements to the way
26 > these situations are handled where they make sense.
27
28 Bad is a perception thing. What may be bad to you may not be to another.
29 The atmosphere is responsible for the bad more than individuals.
32 William L. Thomson Jr.