From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Corporate affiliations of Council members
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 20:18:00
1 On Mon, 2020-06-22 at 11:56 -0700, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 9:18 AM Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3 >
4 > > Hello,
5 > >
6 > > Here's another question for the Council nominees. I'd like to ask
7 > > the Council members to disclose their corporate affiliations,
8 > > in particular whether they are employed or in partnership with companies
9 > > using Gentoo or Gentoo derivatives.
10 > >
11 > > This is because I believe that the electorate deserves to know whether
12 > > their elected Council member may end up being in conflict of interest
13 > > between doing what's right by the wide community and what's requested by
14 > > his employer.
17 > I'm not sure why we would single out employment here; surely there are
18 > other potential relationships that could give rise to conflicts? Why are
19 > these excluded from disclosure?
22 You are correct. I should've asked if there's anything that might be
23 consired a conflict of interest.
26 Best regards,
27 Michał Górny