From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev] Screenshot contest 2009
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 11:02:04
1 On Sunday 14 June 2009 18:55:59 Markos Chandras wrote:
2 > > Markos Chandras wrote:
3 > > > Hello fellow devs,
4 > > >
5 > > > Back in 2007 , a screenshot contest took place[1]. How about running a
6 > > > second one this year?
7 > > >
8 > > > As a quick draft, the following rules may apply
9 > > >
10 > > > 1) Users can submit only one screenshot
11 > > > 2) The deadline will be the 30th of July 2009
12 > > > 3) Developers cannot take place
13 > > >
14 > > > An elected committee ( 2-3 devs but even more ) can vote and elect the
15 > > > top 10 screenshots
16 > > >
17 > > > Optionally categories may exist
18 > > >
19 > > > KDE,Gnome, Openbox etc
20 > > >
21 > > > I'd like to hear your thoughts about this
22 > > >
23 > > >
24 > > > [1]:http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/shots.xml
25 > >
26 > > gentoo-project please
27 > >
28 > > Regards,
29 > > Petteri
30 >
31 > Ok I am moving this discussion on gentoo-project as Petteri suggested.
32 >
33 > Here[1] you can find a draft about the related page of the contest.
34 > Every single screenshot , will be uploaded to a google picasa web gallery
35 > so all of them
36 > can be publicly accessible and viewable.
37 >
38 > Furthermore, I request permission from @infra to allow me do the following
39 >
40 > 1) create a subfolder under xml/htdocs/main/en where the old shots.xml will
41 > be putted in ( maybe with a different name like "contest-2007.xml"
42 > 2) put my shots.xml under xml/htdocs/main/en/
43 >
44 > I would be grateful if infra could provide me an alias on woodpecker (
45 > screenshots@g.o or something ) for me and the rest of committee.
46 > Users and developers will use this e-mail address to send their
47 > screenshots.
48 >
49 > If somebody wants to be on the committee please let me know.
50 >
51 > Thanks
52 >
53 > [1] http://dev.gentoo.org/~hwoarang/files/shots.xml
54 > [2] http://picasaweb.google.com/Markos.Chandras/GentooScreenshotContest2009
55 Hello again,
56 A week has passed, so since nobody raised any objections about my modifications
57 on xml/htmldocs/main I will proceed with my proposed changes. I plan to do it
58 on Wednesday night.
59
60 Thank you
61 --
62 Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
63 Gentoo Linux Developer [KDE/Qt/Sound/Sunrise]
64 Web: http://hwoarang.silverarrow.org