From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Groups under the Council or Foundation: the structure & processes thereof
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 09:27:58
1 On Mon, 14 Nov 2016 00:55:07 -0800
2 Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Sun, Nov 13, 2016 at 11:02 PM, Andreas K. Huettel <dilfridge@g.o>
5 > wrote:
6 >
7 > > On November 14, 2016 4:13:21 AM GMT+01:00, Raymond Jennings <
8 > > shentino@×××××.com> wrote:
9 > >
10 > > > think IIRC that we already had an anongit.gentoo.org
11 > > >server pool on the todo list somewhere so that we *wouldn't* have to
12 > > >use
13 > > >github.
14 > >
15 > > Could you *please* stop loudly voicing opinions on things that you clearly
16 > > have no clue about, and didn't even spend a second checking?
17 > >
18 > > anongit exists and is fully functional. A single click on that hostname
19 > > should be sufficient to convince you of that.
22 > Sorry, left out some context by mistake. Right now, I'm syncing my portage
23 > tree off the "gentoo-mirror" repo hosted on github. it's a live clone of
24 > the master portage tree in git, but run through a bot that does a QA check
25 > and then adds on some trimmings for users. a.g.o doesn't appear to have
26 > that repo listed (or I'm blind as a bat and can't find it)
27 >
28 > I'm aware of anongit.gentoo.org, maybe it can host the mirror from github
29 > too? And maybe a few other repos?
30 >
31 > Mgorny?
32
33 GitHub gives me free hosting with an API and I don't have to care much
34 about the legal implications of random stuff people are pushing there.
35 Gentoo requires creating each repository manually.
36
37 If you can get Infra to approve and create some repositories, I can set
38 up hooks to push a copy there. But I don't care enough to do more than
39 that.
42 Best regards,
43 Michał Górny
44 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>