From: Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Why should you *not* vote on existing Council members
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 15:10:19
1 On 2019-06-17 14:44, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 >>> You are lacking humanity.
3 >>
4 >> Do you really think that's an appropriate way to offend Gentoo
5 >> developers from a Council member, on a topic that's strictly related to
6 >> Council business?
7
8 We are talking. I didn't intend to offend anyone. If anyone feels
9 insulted please accept my apology.
12 > I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and suggest that this was
13 > perhaps not the most nuanced use of the English language on a list
14 > with many non-native speakers. If so, I'd suggest a simple apology
15 > might help. The wording used there was very strong, and I suspect he
16 > was just trying to suggest that you weren't taking into account
17 > mitigating factors and were sticking too strongly to the letter of the
18 > rules. However, that wording does tend to imply a complete lack of
19 > moral decency/etc, and you were not wrong to detect this meaning in
20 > the text. The fact that this wasn't the explicit thrust of his
21 > argument suggests to me that it was unintentional, and I reply mainly
22 > to point that out for his benefit as well as your reaction might have
23 > been unexpected if he really didn't realize it would give so much
24 > offense.
25
26 I stand by the statement
27
28 "He lacks empathy and humanity (or "human touch"). The social
29 indifference with which he fills the undertaker project, I consider
30 questionable."
31
32 Please see this statement in context after multiple people have tried to
33 express that at some point, a HR project like Undertaker, cannot blindly
34 follow rules. But when you ignore everyone and keep doing your thing...
35 that's when I say you are lacking...
39 Regards,
40 Thomas Deutschmann / Gentoo Linux Developer
41 C4DD 695F A713 8F24 2AA1 5638 5849 7EE5 1D5D 74A5