From: Tobias Heinlein <keytoaster@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o, gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] New developer: Victor Ostorga (vostorga)
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 14:23:23
1 Today I introduce you to our newest* developer: Joining us from San
2 Salvador, El Salvador (that's in Central America) is Victor "vostorga"
3 Ostorga.
4
5 Victor will be working with the Samba team, keep an eye on the
6 maintainer-wanted packages and help with the treecleaners project.
7
8 Victor's skills include bash, GTK, basic Python, and intermediate C. He
9 also has experience in databases, both open and non-open source, like
10 Oracle and PostgreSQL.
11
12 He contributes to Slony Master, a "master to multiple slaves"
13 replication system for PostgreSQL. There he does bug fixes,
14 administrates the commits mailing list, and does other things in general.
15 Furthermore, he is a member of the LUG "Grupo de Usuarios Linux de El
16 Salvador", touches web stuff and infrastructure for them, and helps
17 wherever he can.
18 However, being in one LUG doesn't seem to be enough: He also founded the
19 "Grupo de usuarios PostgreSQL de Centro America". He says that the guys
20 at postgresql.org give them some space to put their mailing list and web
21 stuff on.
22
23 Apart from the technical stuff, Victor likes first-person shooter games,
24 like openarena and Urban Terror. He even won an openarena tournament
25 over there and got some problems at job because he used his real name.
26 He says we shouldn't have to worry about him wasting time with playing
27 because the machine he has for now doesn't run those games too well.
28
29 Victor also likes traveling and "using open source as an excuse to do
30 it", visiting other near countries, and would like to know Europe
31 someday. He would also like to work and live in another country, and to
32 know different people and manners.
35 * Actually he is not our newest, but rather the third newest. That's
36 because Denis and Petteri recruited some guys *after* I recruited
37 Victor, but I failed to do the announcement in time.
40 Best regards,
41 Tobias