From: Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] call for agenda items -- council meeting 2021-05-09
Date: Mon, 03 May 2021 15:03:18
1 On 2021-05-02 22:22, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > If that is how you want things to be, then I suppose that the Council
3 > should issue an official info that users donating towards Gentoo should
4 > note that an arbitrary organization 'far the advancement and education
5 > and promotion of software development in an open environment' will do
6 > whatever they want with the money without being concerned about
7 > the goals set forth by the Council.
8
9 I am curious. Sounds like you have a problem with foundation and how
10 they decided to spend their money and are handling funding request in
11 general or the AWS credits in particular. Because you are part of the
12 foundation, may I ask if you brought your 'disagreement' to their attention?
15 PS: Please don't make the mistake and take my unwillingness to accept
16 this agenda item for upcoming council meeting as a show of solidarity
17 with the foundation's decisions -- I am not a member of foundation and I
18 haven't commented their decisions (yet). But I know the legal authority
19 that the council has in detail -- zero. That's a fact. And I think it
20 helps nobody to give them the impression council or any other body could
21 do anything about it. Imagine people would assume that now, they must be
22 *really* disappointed once they learn the hard way that foundation is an
23 independent body. That said, the ball is in half of the foundation's
24 playing field and no one other than the foundation can play it. However,
25 I am not sure if they are on the field/playing a game at all. That's why
26 I asked the question if you brought your disagreement to their attention...
30 Regards,
31 Thomas Deutschmann / Gentoo Linux Developer
32 fpr: C4DD 695F A713 8F24 2AA1 5638 5849 7EE5 1D5D 74A5

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature