From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o, Eray Aslan <eras@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Council nominee 2018/19 questions
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 18:25:55
1 On 06/29/2018 07:15 AM, Eray Aslan wrote:
2 > Re-sending to gentoo-project
3 >
4 > On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 09:11:11AM +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
5 >> Since the nominees for the new Council aren't eager to publish
6 >> manifestos, and nobody seems to be asking questions (yet some people are
7 >> leaving hostile half-comments), I'd like to start a thread dedicated to
8 >> asking the nominees (who accepted) questions related to their views of
9 >> the upcoming term. At the same time, I'd like to ask all nominees to
10 >> answer all the questions provided by community members.
11 >
12 > Just a few sentences on the questions below would be nice.
13 >
14 > 1/ What do you think of closing gentoo-dev ML to the general public?
15
16 -dev is not closed to general public, but the posting is restricted to
17 users having someone watching them similar to other aspects of gentoo
18 infrastructure, including, but not limited to , editbugs in b.g.o
19
20 If you read the previous council decisions and rationale for split of
21 -dev vs -project restricting posting access to non-devs was already part
22 of the intention, so the current implementation is already more lenient
23 than that.
26 > 2/ Where do you think Gentoo stands in the Linux ecosystem? Who do you
27 > think are its users?
30 It is a distribution for power-users, and we should focus on flexibility
31 and performance in addition to providing a stable runtime and upgrade path.
32
33 > Thank you
38 Kristian Fiskerstrand
39 OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
40 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3