From: Tobias Heinlein <keytoaster@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o, gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] New developer: Kacper Kowalik (Xarthisius)
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 09:56:14
Continuing my habit of sending new developer announcements way too late,
I'll introduce you to Kacper "Xarthisius" Kowalik from Torún, Poland
today. It's 11AM here and already 30°+ in my room, thus I can't seem to
think of some interesting introductory text, so here's just how he
describes himself:

"Currently, I am PhD student at Toruń Centre for Astronomy, NCU, Poland.
My research is related to planetary formations processes and mostly
based on what people call with awe/despise "number crunching", or
grid-based magnetohydrodynamical simulations to be exact. As a result I
crave for shear computing power, which recently brought me to GPGPU and
large clusters. Apart from PhD I work as small cluster (~40 cores +
GPUs) administrator @ TCfA which is unfortunately located 12km outside
of town, at TCfA Observatory (no one knows why, but we cannot move it...
that's the beauty of university's bureaucracy).
Remaining shreds of spare time I have are dedicated to my girlfriend and
casual life activities, i.e. when I am not at looking at any gentoo bugs

Please do not give him a warm welcome, it's hot enough already anyway.

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-project] New developer: Kacper Kowalik (Xarthisius) Maciej Mrozowski <reavertm@×××××.com>