From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Council nominee 2018/19 questions
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 18:12:00
1 On 18-06-26 19:29:37, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
2 > On 06/26/2018 07:20 PM, Matthew Thode wrote:
3 > > I think it's more that we are easier to sue that makes us a bigger
4 > > target then the perpetrator or those that enable them (which people
5 > > could think the foundation does).
6 >
7 > Anyone can sue anyone, that doesn't necessarily mean there is any
8 > standing for it.
11 True, but that doesn't mean we should not limit our exposure.
14 > >> The first thing that should be done to ensure it doesn't happen is of
15 > >> course for Trustees to start doing _anything_ in order to fix the
16 > >> outstanding matters.
17 > >>
18 > > Can you be specific? I consider this to be an outstanding matter.
19 >
20 > I'm mostly interested in that there is no actual movement on IRS
21 > matters, but reading through the trustee meeting logs are generally
22 > disappointing due to lack of professional behavior and lack of
23 > followthrough.
26 Yes, progress has been much slower than I'd hoped. Next meeting we are
27 expecting to vote on publishing the RFP though, so progress is still
28 happening, but slowly.
29
30 I'm not sure what you mean by lack of professional behavior though,
31 could you be more specific?
32
33 > What you feel about being sued for inappropriate actions by distro
34 > members should be left for a comrel complaint about the behavior you're
35 > referring to.
36
37 I am fine with leaving comrel in their current role, my concern is
38 inaction (as mentioned before) and lack of reporting (so as to not be
39 blindsided). Not having reporting is willful blindness from what I can
40 see.
43 Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)