From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: council@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2019-07-21
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2019 23:57:44
1 On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 08:55:34 -0500 William Hubbs wrote:
2 > On Tue, Jul 09, 2019 at 11:28:50AM +0200, Lars Wendler wrote:
3 [...]
4 > > I fully support this request.
5 > > This was the utter worst decision being done by council I've ever had
6 > > the misfortune to be a witness of and I hope our new council will try
7 > > to never top this kind of bad decisions.
8 >
9 > I was on the council that made this decision as well, and I feel that it
10 > should never have passed because it comes dangerously close to violating
11 > our social contract. Some disagree because everything is still read
12 > only, but I'm still not comfortable with it.
13
14 It is not closer that our tree git repo actually. Everyone can read
15 it, but only few can commit plus there are ways for indirect
16 contributions like pull requests or proxy maintenance. So I see no
17 problem here from the Social contract standpoint.
18
19 Best regards,
20 Andrew Savchenko