From: Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: IRC channel clean up
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 11:09:01
1 Hi,
2
3 Camille Huot <cam@g.o>:
4
5 > On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Nirbheek Chauhan
6 > <nirbheek@g.o> wrote:
7 > > On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 6:05 AM, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto
8 > > <jmbsvicetto@g.o> wrote:
9 > >> I don't recall the exact details at the moment, but some of those
10 > >> "special cases" like #gentoo.de and #gentoofr have a very *long*
11 > >> history and trying to move them would probably cause much stir.
12 > >
13 > > But if an automatic redirect is setup, it won't make any difference
14 > > at all, unless people are attached to the name of the channel
15 > > itself.
16 >
17 > People are attached to the name, indeed. But we can redirect
18 > #gentoo-fr to #gentoofr.
19
20 rane (as Freenode group contact) told me that those moves won't happen
21 because of several issues.
22
23 V-Li
24 --
25 Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project
26 <URL:http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode
27
28 <URL:http://gentoo.faulhammer.org/>