From: Alex Legler <a3li@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council meeting 2015-01-13: call for agenda items
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 00:56:34
1 On 12/29/14 at 9:57 PM, Matthew Thode wote:
2 > On 12/28/2014 10:45 AM, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
3 >> Am Sonntag, 28. Dezember 2014, 12:57:16 schrieb Michał Górny:
4 >>>
5 >>> We should also finally decide on a clear way of knowing who's on
6 >>> the team. Right now wiki list seems to be the de-facto solution but
7 >>> many developers simply don't want to get a wiki account...
8 >>
9 >> Given that all project pages are supposed to move to the wiki, the wiki *is*
10 >> the solution...
11 >>
12 >> I'm sorry, but I dont really see the point of refusing to create a wiki
13 >> account. That's a bit like not committing anything because you don't like cvs.
16 > I'd like to see us use something that can be used in more places.
17 > having the source of info be in the wiki seems good for end users, but
18 > bad for using that info programmaticly (if needed). Something like ldap
19 > groups that feed into the wiki (and anywhere else needed) seems more
20 > usable to me (but more upfront work).
23 Project membership is stored in a machine-readable way and can already
24 be extracted from the wiki in (rather specific) RDF/XML. If it should be
25 actually needed anywhere else, I can easily generate a 'clean' version
26 and distribute it via api.g.o.