From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Leadership Structure
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 02:01:12
1 On Mon, 2008-05-19 at 21:43 -0400, Mark Loeser wrote:
2 > "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o> said:
3 > > Just to clarify one thing. Allot of my thoughts, some of those of other
4 > > board members, etc. Were in place long before the GLEP 39 issue. Any
5 > > action the trustees are taking now is by no means a knee-jerk reaction.
6 > > If anything it has simply expedited the time line of things that were to
7 > > come and be discussed either way.
8 >
9 > I'm very confused by this statement. What actions are the trustees
10 > taking, and with regards to what?
11
12 Talking to the council to see how we can help in a nutshell. Maybe take
13 over things like CoC, etc. Doing something about GLEP 39. Like MAYBE
14 having some involvement in times like now when there is to be a councile
15 changeover. There is who to supervise, enact it? Things that are VERY
16 pre-mature and have yet to be responded to official by a council.
17
18 Since there is an outgoing council, and then one incoming. We won't even
19 get a response till the new council is in place. Which we will then have
20 to resubmit our inquiry/offer. Some private discussion. Then a public
21 meeting will be called if council is interested, and things taken from
22 there. Ideally, but it's one in a series of events now.
23
24 Again VERY pre-mature. I am disclosing more now than has even been
25 brought up between the trustees and council. Just to be open and
26 transparent as to POSSIBLE ideas, directions, etc that would be
27 initially discussed in private, then met on in public.
28
29 So please do not read anything into anything. Nothing has happened or
30 will happen without most everyone being very aware and involved. No
31 action will take place in private.
32
33 I apologize for the delay in getting our minutes up. I will see about
34 getting that up ASAP. Since this was met on in public already wrt to the
35 trustees.
36
37 http://www.gentoo.org/foundation/en/minutes/index.xml
40 William L. Thomson Jr.