From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Bad license and attribution by ChromiumOS and CoreOS
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 22:17:15
1 On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 7:26 AM, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 6:30 AM, Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o> wrote:
3 >> On Fri, 13 Mar 2015 00:41:11 -0400 Mike Frysinger wrote:
4 >>> While we agree that the README can be misleading, that was certainly not the
5 >>> point and has been updated:
6 >>> https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromiumos/overlays/portage-stable/+/master/README
7 >>
8 >> Good. But github repo is still not fixed:
9 >> https://github.com/coreos/portage-stable
12 > That is CoreOS, not ChromiumOS. We should ping them about this
13 > separately. Since they're based on ChromiumOS I doubt they'll fuss
14 > much over adopting the new README.
15 >
16 > I posted this on their -dev "list":
17 > https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/coreos-dev/goLG-5r8m1s
20 ... and they have changed the file in question.
23 Rich