From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Representation of Gentoo on third-party platforms
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 14:57:21
1 On Sun, Nov 13, 2016 at 9:41 AM, William L. Thomson Jr.
2 <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 > You do realize Gentoo has become something very different than its founders
5 > ever intended?
8 Sure, I can believe that, though I can't say I ever worked closely
9 with Daniel.
10
11 > Tell yourself what ever you need to, but Gentoo isn't working and needs to
12 > return to its roots. People need to stop with their visions of Gentoo and
13 > understand it from its creators.
14 >
15 > Being a steward or guardian does not mean you pervert the original vision or
16 > modify it to what you think it should be...
19 I don't consider myself a guardian of somebody's past dream of Gentoo.
20 I represent the people who are contributing to it today.
21
22 I'm not convinced things would be any better if we just went back to
23 the way things used to be in the good old days. A lot of things have
24 changed in that time.
27 Rich