From: "Christopher Díaz" <christopher.diaz.riv@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] [RFC] Making "stabilization" a prerequisite to become a Gentoo Developer
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2017 01:59:48
Thank you all for the comments, and the time spent trying to solve this
issue.

So far I can see that:

1. Ok, adding a new "stabilization" stage is unnecesary and probably
counterproductive.

2. The "better" solution has something to do with automation and
probably isolation. What if instead of isolation we use snapshots?
Could that be a solution to rollback if something goes wrong? I mean,
if source does not even compile, isolation wouldn't be necessary, but
if software is installed in the system we need to track each file
changed since the installation to be able to bring it back to before
installation.

Maybe here AT members (all possible arches) could bring some of the
most recurrent problems, I don't expect  a single solution to fix all
the possible escenarios, but at least knowing the most commons and
trying to fix those firsts could help to make the workload lighter.

3. Any external reference? Maybe another project or community has
already solved this issue or at least made it easier to handle?

Please excuse if I can't be more helpful here, I'm just trying to think
out of the box, but if I'm saying nonsenses please let me know.

Thank you all,

Christopher Díaz Riveros
ChrisADR